Qualcomm has silently introduced Snapdragon 782G Mobile Platform as the successor to the Snapdragon 778G+ which was introduced last year. The Snapdragon 778G+ was introduced as the successor to Snapdragon 778G, with boosted GPU and CPU performance. The new Snapdragon 782G improves on this.
The 782G has Qualcomm Kryo 670 CPU that brings higher performance up to 2.7 GHz compared to 2.5GHz in the 778G+, which promises 5% improvements. The Adreno 642L GPU is up to 10% faster compared to the 778G+, says the company. Other specifications remain the same.
Highlights of Qualcomm Snapdragon 782G
- 4 x Kryo 670 Performance CPUs (A78-based) at up to 2.7GHz, 4x Kryo 670 Efficiency CPUs (A55-based) at up to 1.8GHz
- TSMC 6nm process Process Technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X53 5G modem-RF system
- 5G speeds of up to 3.7Gpbs down, Sub-6 GHz: 100 MHz bandwidth,
4×4 MIMO, Uplink: Up to 2.9 Gbps
- Qualcomm Adreno 642L GPU, OpenCL 2.0 FP, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1
- H.265 (HEVC), HDR10+, HLG, HDR10, H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9
- Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier up to Qualcomm WSA8835, Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator, Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec up to Qualcomm WCD9385, Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology
- Up to 22MP triple camera, Up to 36MP + 22MP dual camera, Up to 64 MP single camera with ZSL, Up to 200MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra 570L Image Sensor Processor (14-bit triple-ISP), 10-bit HDR HEIF photo capture, Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode (Bokeh), 4K Video Capture, 720p Slow-mo video capture at 240 FPS, HEVC Video Capture, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG support
- On-Device Display Support: FHD+ at 144 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+
- Fused AI Accelerator architecture, Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant, 6th generation Qualcomm AI Engine with Hexagon 770 Processor, 12TOPS AI performance
- LPDDR5 3200 memory, up to 16 GB
- FastConnect 6700 – Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Multi-gigabit, Integrated 802.11ac 2×2 (2-stream) MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, Dual Bluetooth antennas, LE Audio Features (one-to-many broadcast), Qualcomm aptX suite, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC capable
- USB 3.1, USB-C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 782G should power the HONOR 80 smartphone that will be introduced tomorrow. We can expect more smartphones powered by the SoC in the coming months.